Wednesday 13 June 2012

Wedding songs: 30 classic 'first dance' songs


Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries waltz to Robin Thicke's Angel
Sadly the marriage lasted only 72 days

I was so blown away when we had Timi Dakolo sing at my cousin's wedding- that's been my favourite movie (wedding)  moment till date, only this time it was real. We were all joking around when Timi grabbed the mic and throatily sang  Aaron Neville's classic "I don't know much but I know I love you... that may be all I need to know". By the time he was done all of us on our table were teary eyed especially as the bride and groom were lost in a romantic moment. This was their first dance as a couple and it meant so so much.. and heck i was privileged to share that.

Shout out! Adachukwu Oguike...Bear Hug!

My second best moment  (sorry it's a movie this time.. he he!) was in the Julia Roberts classic- My Best Friend's Wedding where they belted out the best version (I've heard yet) of  Frank Sinatra's classic 'The way you look tonight' Yasssss! that totally gave me life.

Well, I just compiled my top 30 wedding classics of all times. Please feel free to add yours

1. At last -  Etta James
2. Come Rain or Come Shine - Ray Charles
3. Can You Feel the Love Tonight - Elton John
4. Can't Help Falling in Love -  Elvis Presley
5. Endless love - Lionel Richie and Diana Ross
6. Here and Now - Luther Vandross
7. Unforgettable - Nat King Cole
8. Lady in  Red - Chris Deburgh
9. I Finally found someone - Barbara Streisland and Bryan Adams
10. I will - The Beatles
11. Our Love is here to stay - Billie Holiday
12. Tonight I Celebrate my love for you - Roberta Flack and Paebo Bryson
13. Don't know much - Linda Ronstandt and Aaron Neville
14. Fever - Peggy Lee
15. "Forever" and "Ever", "Amen" -  Randy Travis
16. Embraceable You - Nat King Cole
17. Grow old with me - Mary Chapin Carpenter
18. It had to be you - Frank Sinatra
19. Just the way you are - Billy Joel
20. Maybe I'm amazed - Paul McCartney
21. From this  moment - Shana Twain and Brian White
22. Marry me-  Train
23. Crazy Love - Van Morrison
24. Marry me - Neil Diamond and Buffy Lawson
25. The best is yet to come - Frank Sinatra
26. My Girl - The Temptations
27. Truly - Lionel Richie
28. Groovy kind of love - Phil Collins
29. A whole new world - Paebo Bryson and R. Belle
30. If Tomorrow Never Comes - Garth Brooks

7 comments:

  1. imma be adding mine
    1. I swear - All for one
    2.Step in the name of love - R.Kelly
    3.Because you loved me - Celine Dion
    4. Wedding day - 9ice
    5. Olo mi - Tosin martins

    I wonder why you did not add any naija song

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry.. i was actually compiling classics and most Nigerian songs don't cut it. The only classic Nigerian wedding song i vaguely remember is by Nel Oliver and i can't even remember the title of that song ( i think he was giving out his daughter in marriage or something) couldn't put it on the list cos i don't know the title. the other wedding classic which is actually South African is Brenda Fassie's Wedding day. Thanks for the observation tho and i also asked that you add to the list which you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm adding
    -When i first saw you- Jamie Foxx
    -2 become 1- Spice girls
    -LOVE- Nat King Cole
    -Power Of Love-Luther Vandross*
    -Ejiowuro.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay how did i miss When i first saw You.. i love dat song thx to the movie Dream Girls
    ok 2 become 1 would sound very bubblegum-like
    i love anything Nat king Cole and Luther Vandross.. i actually thot i added Love by Nat King Cole.. well my bad
    which one is ejiowuro?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm vexed, i wiped of the long story i just typed. Just imagine

    Anyhoooo, thanks couz for the shout out, it was truly the best memory as ever....cliche as it sounds but its sooo true in my case.
    It was special for two reasons,i absolutely love Timi's croaky voice, he's my own Michael Bolton but more importantly, a week after meeting Oga, i was telling him how i would love to have Timi sing at my wedding.....lol, did i hear you ask why we had the talk so soon? Actually his friend was getting married and Dbanj was billed to perform so i said id prefer Timi cos he'll make the wedding more intimate.I didnt know he made a note of it, infact i didnt even know he had plans sef, fast forward 22 months later, he made it happen....yup still blushing.


    i hope in the maadness of it all, you and "tall glass of chocolate" find you're special moment and i have the bestest song for you and nope its not on your list, infact i want to rewind my wedding day and have Timi sing it for us.

    As an aside we need to find "somebody" a boo so she can stop tagging along. Lollllllllllll

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! ada this your comment did many things to me mehn! Oga is just a romantic now isn't he? d fact that he remembered that does show a lot.

    and lol @ finding somebody a boo so she can stop tagging along *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wedding_Invitation_Video Create Invitation Videos And E Cards Online For Weddings
    Free Online Invitation And Save The Date Video Maker Cum
    Indian Wedding invitation video maker online free
    Wedding Invitation Videos | Best Save the Date Videos

    ReplyDelete

Please don't spam