Thursday 9 May 2013

#Throwback Thursday: Jada Pinkett-Smith and Will Smith

Yesterday I saw the 1996 movie Set it off.  That movie is a classic... go see it again if you have the chance. Jada was such a cutie, like soft with feminine features (how did she get so hard?), Vivica Fox was so beautiful before the nose job- she so didn't need it, Queen Latifah and Kimberly Elise look pretty much the same, just older. Black don't crack  ladies, lay of the surgery and enhancement we don't need it. Just eat right and exercise.

Well, the movie inspired today's throwback post. So honoured to share Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith's wedding pictures. This couple have been going strong for more than 15 years. That's a milestone in Hollywood, really proud of them.













Details
Venue: The Cloisters Mansion in Baltimore

Date: The couple had a surprise New Year's Eve Wedding on December 31, 1997. Will was 29 at the time while Jada was 26.

What she wore: Jada wore a champagne coloured silk and velvet gown by Badgley Mischka

How they met: Their friends Duane Martin and Tisha Campbell Martin hooked them up

Their thoughts on marriage and divorce:
Jada: "I will throw my career away before I let it break up our marriage. I made it clear to Will, I'd throw it away completely".

Will: "With Jada I stood up in front of God and my family and said- "till death do us part"- Divorce cannot be an option... I honestly believe there is no woman for me but Jada. No one can handle me the way she does.. Once you feel someone locked in on you, it's no contest. This is it. I can't imagine what anyone else could offer"

You see why their marriage is working? Love 'em totally.


OAN: Couldn't resist sharing the cover of Set it off

See what I mean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam